List of Universities in Botswana 2023 Ranking: The University of Botswana, Botho University, Limkokwing University of Creative Technology are the institutions that offer university education in the country. The University of Botswana is the national university which was established in 1982 by act of parliament and is headquartered at Gaborone.
List of universities in Botswana:
- Botho University
- Botswana Accountancy College
- Botswana College of Agriculture
- Botswana International University of Science & Technology
- Limkokwing University Of Creative Technology
- University of Botswana
- Botswana Open University (Botswana College of Distance and Open Learning (BOCODOL)
- Botho University (formerly known as Botho College/NIIT) is Botswana’s largest private tertiary educational provider, founded in 1997. The college offers certificates, diplomas and graduate degrees in accountancy and computer science. It is the first private tertiary institution in the country to be accredited by the Tertiary Education Council (TEC). All of its programs are also accredited by the Botswana Training Authority (BOTA).
|Motto||Excellence, Leadership, Innovation|
|Vice-Chancellor||Sheela Raja Ram|
|Director||Sheela Raja Ram|
|Campus||Gaborone, Francistown, Maun and Maseru(Lesotho)|
|Colors||Maroon, navy blue and white|
Botswana Accountancy College
- The Botswana Accountancy College, or BAC, is a business school located in the city of Gaborone, Botswana. Initially funded and established through a joint venture between The Ministry of Finance and Development Planning and Debswana, the college caters for the accountancy and IT tertiary needs for the country. BAC has two main campuses; the main campus being located in Gaborone, and the secondary one in Francistown. The college has collaborations with The University of Derby and The University of Sunderland in England.
|61 fulltime 11 part-time|
|Location||Gaborone, Francistown, Botswana|
Botswana College of Agriculture
- BCA is an agricultural college located in Gaborone, Botswana. It was established by an act of the Parliament of Botswana, Act no. 9, on 31 May 1991. The act abolished the then Botswana Agricultural College (BAC) which had existed since 1967
|Botswana College of Agriculture (BCA)|
|Motto||Work and ProsperR|
|Established||31 May 1991|
|Campus||Content Farm, Sebele (12km north of Gaborone city centre), Botswana|
Botswana International University of Science & Technology
- The Botswana International University of Science & Technology’, or BIUST, is an international university located in the town of Palapye, Botswana. It is the southern African nation’s second university, after the University of Botswana in the country’s capital, Gaborone. The location is a 2,500 hectare site of gently sloping land on the outskirts of Palapye.
Motto in English
|Chancellor||H.E Festus G. Mogae|
|Vice-Chancellor||Professor Otlogetswe Totolo|
|Colors||Orange, black and white|
University of Botswana
- The University of Botswana, popularly known as UB was established in 1982 as the first institution of higher education in Botswana. The university has three campuses: one in the capital city Gaborone, one in Francistown, and another in Maun. The university is divided into six faculties: Business, Education, Engineering, Humanities, Science and Social Sciences.
|Endowment||P334 million(US $50million)|
|Vice-Chancellor||Professor Kgomotso Moahi|
|Location||Gaborone, Francistown, and Maun, Botswana|
|Campus||Urban, 1.15 square kilometers (280 acres)|
|Colors||Brown and blue|
Botswana Open University.
Botswana Open University (BOU) is a result of the transformation of Botswana College of Distance and Open Learning (BOCODOL). The transformation was the actualization of the recommendation of the Tertiary Education Policy that a comprehensive national distance education institution be established. The institution would develop, offer and accredit university level programmes independently without being tied to collaborating partners. Botswana Open University was developed to meet the growing local demand for ODL tertiary level programmes.