IEB and DBE Supplementary Exams 2019: Independent Examinations Board (IEB) official website is ieb.co.za, allow students in South Africa Supplementary examinations and Re-marks/Re-checks for matric annual exam for a full-time and part-time candidate.
Supplementary Exams 2019
Department of Basic Education South Africa and Independent Examinations Board (IEB) both organisations allow Supplementary Exams for Matric students. The Department of Basic Education (DBE) conducted National Senior Certificate (NSC) Supplementary exams just after publishing DBE NSC Result 2019 and IEB will conduct Supplementary exams just after the IEB Matric Result 2019.
The National Senior Certificate (NSC) which replaced the Senior Certificate and commenced in 2008. Held on annually commencing in October, with supplementary examinations in February of the following year.
Supplementary Exams 2019 in South Africa:
- If a candidate has not met the minimum promotion and certification requirements but requires a maximum of two subjects to obtain the National Senior Certificate, he or she may Register for the supplementary examination 2019.
- If a candidate is medically unfit and, as a result, is absent from one or more external examinations, he or she may register for the supplementary examination.
- A candidate that does not satisfy the minimum higher education faculty requirements or the requirements for the specific occupation in the end-of-year examination, may be allowed in terms of the following to register for the supplementary examination.
- If there is a death in the immediate family of a candidate, or other special reasons for the candidate’s absence, he or she may register for the supplementary examination.
- A candidate who did not write or complete the end-of-year examination with a valid reason has the opportunity to write the supplementary examination.
- Candidates who have passed and wish to improve their symbols may enter subsequent IEB National Senior Certificate Examinations, which are written annually in October/November.
- Entry forms are available from the Assessment Controller from January each year, and together with the prescribed entry fee, must reach the Assessment Controller on or before 31 March of the year in question.
Contact Numbers: Tel: +27 11 483 9700 Fax: +27 11 486 2654
Physical Address: Guild Hall | 5 Anerley Road | Parktown | 2193
Postal Address: PO Box 875, Highlands North, 2037, South Africa
For more information check DBE website and IEB website.
Last Updated on by