Examinations Council of Swaziland @ www.examscouncil.org.sz 2020-2021: The Examinations Council of Swaziland (ECOS) is a semi-Government organisation with the mandate to administer examinations and issue certificates to primary, junior secondary and senior secondary school graduates in Swaziland. The Examinations Council was established through the Education Act No. 9 of 1981.
Examinations Council of Swaziland:
Education in Swaziland begins with pre-school education for infants, primary, secondary and high school education for general education and training (GET) – and universities and colleges at tertiary level. The ECOS conducted the following exam and also publish their results and exam timetable. ECOS also offers students to download past exam papers for various exams.
Swaziland Primary Certificate (SPC):
- Primary education in Swaziland begins at the age of six. It is a seven-year programme that culminates with an end of Primary school Certificate [SPC] in grade 7 which is a locally based assessment administered by the Examinations Council through schools. Primary Education is from grade 1 to grade 7. The provision of primary education is in line with the following Ministry’s mission and vision. SPC is also known as Form 5 i.e. standard V.
- Primary school Curriculum
The primary school curriculum composed of the following subjects: – English, Mathematics, Science, Religious Education, SiSwati, French, Home Economics, Practical Art, and Physical Education.
- The Examination Council of Swaziland (ECOS) administers the Junior Certificate (JC) examination also known as form 3. There is an external public examination (Junior Certificate) at the end of the junior secondary that learners have to pass in order to progress to the senior secondary level.
Swaziland General Certificate of Education (SGCSE):
- The final school exam is the Swaziland General Certificate of Education (SGCSE) or the International General Certificate of Education (IGCSE). A few schools offer the AS and A-levels or the International Baccalaureate.
- At the end of the senior secondary level, learners sit for a public examination, the Swaziland General Certificate of Secondary Education (SGCSE) and International General Certificate of Secondary Education (IGCSE) which is accredited by the Cambridge International Examination (CIE). A few schools offer the Advanced Studies (AS) programme in their curriculum.
Address and Contact Info
P.O. Box 1394,
Telephone: +2682417 8000
Fax: +2682416 2862
Website : http://www.examscouncil.org.sz/