Junior Certificate (JC) Exam Results 2019-2020: JC Results 2019-2020 Lesotho by Examinations Council of Lesotho (ECOL) jc results 2019 Lesotho will be published by ECOL in the month of January. Last year the result is announced on 08/12/2019 with 1. Historical performances 2. Performance by districts and 3. Top 3 students by the school.
JC Results 2019 Lesotho:
2019 JC Results will be published in the month of January 2019. After the release of JC exam results, students can obtain results from their respective secondary schools. Private candidates will get their results from centres where they wrote their exams. NB: private candidates should bring identification to obtain the results.
This is an examination that is taken at the end of Junior Secondary. The subjects are grouped as follows and candidates must take at least seven subjects, four from Group1, two from Group 2 and one from Group 3 or one from Group 1 and two from Group 3. There are two types of candidates, private candidates, and school candidates.
- School Candidates are full-time learners and are doing a minimum of 6 subjects. Their registration is done in 2 ways: firstly they submit softcopy of registration lists which ends on February. Secondly, they complete the financial registration (pay for the candidates registered for examinations) towards the end of May.
- Private Candidates are learners who are studying as individuals without attending any formal schools. They study six subjects or more or less. They can register to the nearest schools or go directly to the Examinations Council of Lesotho. Their registration ends towards the end of May.
Lesotho JC Results 2019 Online:
Examinations Council of Lesotho allows all of us to check the JC results online. People who are in rush to get the Junior Certificate results can follow the steps to check the result.
- Step 1: Open an Internet browser.
- Step 2: Visit www.ecol.org.ls
- Step 3: Looks for JC 2019 Results.
- Step 4: Once you found click on the link and a file will a be open.
- Step 5: Check your result from the list.
You may save/download the result for future reference.
JC Results 2019: Performance
The Ministry of Education and Training wishes to present the Junior Certificate (JC) Examination Lesotho results for the year 2019. This year, a total of 21626 candidates had registered for the examination. Of these, 21314 sat the examination, while 312 did not write.
- 288 (1.4%) obtained a First Class with Merit. The number is lower in comparison with what was observed in 2015 by 0.5%.
- 1388 (6.5%) obtained a 1st Class pass. This shows an increase of 0.1% in comparison with the 2015 results.
- 10641 (49.9%) obtained a 2nd Class pass. This reflects a 1.8% increase as compared to 2015.
- 2377 (11.2%) obtained a 3rd Class pass. This number has decreased by 0.8% from the 2015 results.
- 6620 (31.1%) could not meet the minimum requirements for a pass. Here we see a slight decrease of 0.4%.
The Hon. Minister of Education and Training has announced that the 2019 Junior Certificate will be released this afternoon, 8th January 2019 at 1400hrs. Results will be available from examination centres across the country. The pictures attached show the following:
Download Passing List 2019
- 1. Historical performances
- 2. Performance by districts
- 3. Top 3 students by the school.
- 54222 for Vodacom
- 65123 for Econet Telecom Lesotho – ETL
Top 3 students by the school
|88||Leqele High School||Mahase Ithateng|
|87||Lesotho High School||Mapeshoane Manehella Khahliso|
Lesotho High School
|Mothae Mapuleng Christina|
|87||Lesia High School||Pule Katleho Gladys|
|86||Leribe E.m. High School||Maliehe Bataung|
|86||Methodist High School||Peete ‘mamasilonyane|
How to check Lesotho JC Results 2019 Online
Crn. Constitution and Pioneer Roads, P.O.Box 507, Maseru 100, Lesotho
Maseru, Lesotho 0100Telephone : +266 2231 2880
Last Updated on by